challenge of this library to build and expand on that original heritage as we plan for the future of our great town and county.”
Meeting Room Use
Meeting rooms are available to community groups and organizations whose objectives are cultural, educational, or civic and not for profit. Use of the
meeting rooms is subject to the rules and regulations established by the Selma-Dallas County Board.
Rooms are available for:
- Library sponsored meetings or programs
- Nonprofit organizations and civic groups (unless support is being directly received by local organizations).
- No products or services can be sold or advertised within the Library or any payment received for services rendered. (Tutoring for fees, tax preparation for fees, etc)
- Business Organizations - same.
- Use is confined to classes, orientations, and seminars.
Rooms are not available for:
- Social gatherings
- Political meetings
- Religious meetings
- Commercial ventures only if the entire community is invited and no products are sold. The library cannot be the location for the sale of any merchandise other than books at author book signings.
It is not the intent or purpose of any program or activity offered at the library to persuade or convince participants to accept a certain point or set of beliefs. The library is an information resource center where books and material resources, as well as program and people resources, are designed to enrich the
understanding of topics and ideas on many subjects.
We welcome all groups but cannot provide library space on a regular weekly or monthly basis to support the primary activities of a group. We are happy to provide the first organizational meeting of a new group but cannot be your designated meeting location.
1. Advance reservations are required and may be made by calling the Business Office (334) 874-1725
2. Rooms are available Monday-Thursday from 9:00-6:00 and Friday and Saturday from 9:00- 5:00. (Hours are different due to COVID-19)
3. There is no charge for the use of the Vaughan Room but donations are appreciated for the ongoing maintenance of those spaces. Use of the Kathryn Tucker Windham Room is free, however, no food may be served in the Windham room
4. The Library reserves the right to revoke the use of meeting rooms if needed for library use.
5. Cancellation must be given 24 hours in advance.
6. Responsibility for reimbursing the library for damage to the room or its contents rests with the organization.
7. The Vaughan Room is equipped with an audio-visual connection, as well as Internet connections. Please advise us 3 days in advance if you will require the use of this equipment.
8. Meeting rooms must have in attendance at least 1 adult for every 10 children.
9. Childcare is not provided by the library. Please ask participants to make childcare arrangements outside the library before meetings.
10. At the end of a meeting, all organization's property shall be removed and the room returned to its original order.
11. Behavior in meeting rooms is expected to be enforced by the person in charge of the organization. All behavior should take into consideration the best interest of the library. A quiet environment is expected by all who visit the library. No cell phone use or food allowed outside of the Vaughan Room.
12. Only light refreshments may be served. There is no cooking available.
Vaughan Meeting Room – 125
Kathryn Windham Conference Room – 12
There are Study Spaces throughout the library available for use. These may be reserved as needed or in advance. They seat 4-6. You must sign in and out.